Skip to main content

Visas and Immigration

 Student Visa Advice

On 5 October 2020, a new 'Student Immigration Route' was introduced in the UK. This has replaced the Tier 4 (General) visa category and will apply to EU/EEA Nationals wishing to enter the UK from 1 January 2021. 

If you are an international student then it is likely that you will need a visa to study at Brunel University London. If you are not sure then you can use the 'Do I need a visa?' service on the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) website for more help.

For all undergraduate, postgraduate, research and most English Language courses at Brunel you should typically apply for a Student visa, which covers the whole duration of your course. Please note that we can only sponsor Student visas for full-time courses at Brunel. We will not sponsor Student visas for part-time study. 

We hope that you should find the answers to any questions on these pages. Please also refer to our Frequently Asked Questions page. However, if you are not able to find the information that you need, please contact us.

Covid-19 and Visa Regulations

Information for EU, EEA and Swiss Nationals